First record of Mill 1610, owner Mr Byrne
Lyons family purchase Mill from Mr Innman, 2nd owner
Water Mill replaced by Hammer Mill powered by an attached tractor
Michael Lyons starts renovation of the Mill. The Mill wheel starts moving in 1991
Michael Lyons completes restoration of Mill and opens it to visitors
John Lyons becomes Caretaker of the Mill
The flagstone floors have been worn away by 200 years of shuffling feet, the stairs creek
in mild complaint and on one side of the room
sacks of ground meal slouch against each other.
For the 21st century visitor, a watermill like the one at the village of Craanford is full of romance and nostalgia. One can imagine farmers three centuries ago bringing their freshly harvested grain to be ground into all important life-giving meal.